What personal information do we collect?
When a person contacts us either through our helpline in relation to a product or service, or to give us feedback, or perhaps make a complaint, we capture the details of the person making contact and the nature of the contact or complaint.
Complaints normally contain the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
How do we use your personal information?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it.
We will only use your personal information to:
- allow us to action your request
- allow us to properly investigate any complaint
- contact you in relation to any further information we require from you to action your initial request or complaint
- communicate with you, which may include responding to emails or calls from you
- review our training and processes in order to make improvements
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Where you have entered into an agreement with one of the clients who we represent then we will normally refer you directly to them and will then not retain your personal information.
- If you are registering a complaint we may retain that record for up to 6 years. We will, however, minimise your personal information so that we only retain what is absolutely necessary to comply with our contractual obligations and liabilities.
How and where do we store or transfer our personal data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK on our protected systems. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
Do we share your personal data?
We may sometimes contract with the following types of third parties to supply services. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some of your personal information that we hold:
- Clients of Appco UK based in the UK. Personal information will only be shared with a client if you are contacting us in relation to the product or service offering you have taken up with them via us.
- Suppliers of Appco UK where their actions have caused you to contact us
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal information, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.